Notes on this week’s new releases:
- Troye Sivan wrote his new song “about my happiness and my life and the way all the pieces fit together, or don’t”. The song’s about leaving the city, and is therefore deeply reminiscent of Only Fools And Horses spinoff The Green Green Grass, which ran for four series and followed the story of Boycie (John Challis) as he left London behind and adjusted to life on a farm. It was shit, unlike the Troye single.
- Some strong All Saints ‘vibes’ in Niki’s Switchblade.
- Everything seems very pensive this week doesn’t it?
- Is this what pop music’s going to be like until All This is over??
- Did you see this absolutely terrifying part of Spotify’s ‘How Social Distancing Has Shifted Spotify Streaming’ post a few days ago???
- CAN WE PLEASE NOT????