Notes on this week’s new releases:
- You’ve probably noticed I’ve had trouble figuring out how or if to support Kim Petras: some weeks she’s released brilliant singles and they’ve made the New Music Friday playlist, other weeks she’s released brilliant singles and I’ve left them off. I still don’t know what the answer is but Malibu’s this week’s best new song and here we are.
- I do increasingly wonder if there should be a moratorium on ‘tears on the dancefloor’ being used in any songwriting brief but if we are to call time on that trope the new Aly & AJ single, Joan Of Arc On The Dance Floor, is a great way for it to bow out. The artwork depicts Joan of Arc quite literally on a dancefloor.
- The great new Tei Shi single arrived in the Popjustice inbox with a subject line promising an “apocalyptic bop”. Frankly I want to here more about this abopalypse because it sounds quite good.
- Cecily released that amazing Thinking Bout Me song last year. I Did It All is quite amazing as well.
- The Ariana and Justin track’s not exactly a classic.