Patrick Xavier Clark, the suspect arrested late last year for Takeoff’s killing has been indicted on a murder charge by a grand jury. The indictment comes after Clark was released from jail after posting a bond in early 2023.
On Thursday, May 25, Patrick Xavier Clark, the suspect arrested for shooting the late Migos rapper Takeoff was indicted on a murder charge by a grand jury in Texas, according to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office.
The indictment comes after the suspect was released from jail after posting bond in Jan 2023. Clark’s bond was initially $2 million. However, a judge lowered it to $1 million at the request of Clark’s defense attorneys.
Clark was released from jail after posting bond on Jan. 14 and has been free until he was taken into custody for his indictment on May 25.
Clark’s attorney issued the following statement after his indictment:
“(Thursday’s) action by the grand jury is not unexpected. We would ask people to remember that getting an indictment requires meeting a very, very minimal standard of proof. When we get inside a courtroom and in front of a jury, where we will be able to put on our evidence and cross-examine the state’s witnesses where the standard of proof is guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, we expect the jury will come back with a verdict of not guilty.”
Detectives Weigh In On Takeoff’s Tragic Shooting
On Nov. 1, 2022, Takeoff was standing outside a bowling alley after attending a private party with Quavo in downtown Houston when Clark allegedly shot him. Police say there was an altercation in front of the building that Takeoff was not involved in, but he got caught in the crossfire.
While Clark maintains his innocence, detectives say he had a gun in one hand and a wine bottle in another when he was caught on camera firing his weapon. Those bullets allegedly struck Takeoff.
According to a search warrant, detectives said fingerprints on the wine bottle are what led them to identify Clark as the shooter. Detectives believe Clark’s gunfire killed the rapper based on the “direction” he was seen firing on surveillance video.
An autopsy revealed the 28-year-old died from two gunshot wounds — one to the head and one to the torso.
Updated by Nicole Bartley (5/26/2023)
“Concerned Citizen” Posts $1M Bail For Suspect In Takeoff Murder
Attorneys for Patrick Clark, accused of killing Migos rapper, Takeoff, confirmed “a concerned citizen and family friend” who believes he is “innocent” posted the bond on his behalf.
Neither Patrick Clark nor his family posted the $1 Million bond, his attorney, Letitia Quinones, confirmed.
“A concerned citizen and family friend who believes in Patrick’s innocence posted the bond on his behalf,” Quinones said.
Clark’s attorney continued, “Like any other defendant, Patrick is presumed to be innocent and has the right to bond,” she said. “He also has an obligation to comply with all the terms the court has laid out. He intends to comply fully and will appear for proceedings whenever the court requires him to do so. We believe Patrick is innocent, and at the appropriate time, the evidence will reveal that to be the case.”
Clark is charged in connection with the murder of the late Migos rapper, Takeoff last November. Clark’s bond was initially $2M. However, his attorneys argued it was unconstitutional because he couldn’t afford it.
Suspect In Takeoff’s Murder Gets Released On $1M Bond
Patrick Clark, accused of murdering Migos rapper, Takeoff, was released on a $1M bail from the Harris County Jail on Jan. 4. He was arrested in December and charged with murder concerning the shooting.
Updated 01/0/5/2023 at 03:04 pm by Kendall Parks
The original bond for Clark was set to $2M, where his defense team argued it was too high. Since his release, Clark has been on house arrest.
Clark is prohibited from interacting with anyone involved with the case, including Rap A Lot Co-founder J. Prince whose family faced backlash in the aftermath of the shooting.
The defendant is also not allowed to be armed with any kind of weapon during the house arrest period. Law enforcement will also track his whereabouts with a GPS monitor.
Recently, an eyewitness refuted reports of the killing being over a dice game.
New Search Warrant Sheds Insight On Takeoff’s Murder
New details have emerged on the murder of the late Migos rapper Takeoff. Search warrants reveal how the Houston Police Department used surveillance cameras to investigate the shooting and locate the suspect.
Updated 12/09/2022 at 2:23 pm by Chris Samuel
New information has emerged about the passing of Migos rapper Takeoff. Documents are showing details on how police used surveillance cameras all over Houston to find the murder suspect, Patrick Xavier Clark.
Approximately, 34 people were standing outside the bowling alley before the shooting, according to KHOU 11 News in Houston. Takeoff was standing with his uncle and fellow Migos rapper Quavo, with unidentified men, and J.Prince, Jr., who received backlash on social media after the “Last Memory” rapper’s murder for mourning him but not helping him when he was shot.
Quavo was seen arguing with two men who had just won a dice game, one of the men was Cameron Joshua, who was facing weapon charges. A fight broke out between the two men, where Clark and another man opened fire.
Police also said Clark fired rounds with a bottle of wine in his other hand. When Clark finished firing, he fled the scene. Clark’s fingerprints matched the wine bottle and listed him as the suspect after testing it, according to Houston police.
The Houston Police Department Gang Division arrested Clark on Dec. 1. Clark’s bond is set at $2 million and has a court date for December 14. Clark previously requested money from the judge presiding over his case for a private investigator.
Fans can listen to Takeoff’s new posthumous verse on Metro Boomin’s new album, Heroes & Villains.
Suspect In Takeoff’s Murder Requests Money For Private Investigator
Updated 12/07/2022 at 5:37 pm by Deaundre Barnes
The alleged gunman of Migos rapper, Takeoff, requested $5,000 from the judge to hire a private investigator to help his defense. The defendant also has been accused of planning to leave the country.
Two days before Patrick Clark, 33, was initially arrested, the Houston native applied for an expedited passport to Mexico, according to reports from ABC 13 Houston.
Takeoff Murder Suspect Asks Judge For Money
More than a month since Takeoff was killed, the alleged gunman asked the judge presiding over his case for $5,000. According to reports, Patrick Clark’s intentions for the money are to hire a private investigator to help build his defense.
Clark, who also goes by DJ Pat, was a popular strip club promoter in Houston. He owned the club, The Flame HTX.
In addition, TMZ reports that DJ Pat’s family have already exhausted their financial resources to pay for his legal counsel, even though DJ’s lawyer lowered his usual rate.
Clark’s bond is set at $2 million. If released, he will be under house arrest with strict conditions, including, no use of marijuana or other controlled substances without a prescription, according to TMZ.
He is also not allowed to have any contact with J Prince Jr., who was celebrating his birthday, and boxing star Shakur Stevenson, who was standing beside Takeoff when he was shot.
The Prince family has since made a tribute to the “Last Memory” rapper; however, individuals believe that the tribute was not sincere and was really for the family’s image.
Another Suspect Arrested In Connection To Takeoff’s Murder
Updated 12/02/2022 at 4.00 pm by Journey Green
The Houston Police Department arrested another suspect in the murder of former Migos member Takeoff. It occurred on the east side of Houston, and the suspect will be charged with the murder.
Police chief Troy Finner spoke with Takeoff’s mother this morning to announce the suspected killer’s arrest. The arrest of Patrick Xavier Clark, 33, took place late last night in East Houston.
Houston mayor Sylvestor Turner stated, “The gun violence has to stop,” adding, “this is another instance of a young man taking the life of another young man.”
Moreover, Clark is projected to be charged with murder. The Houston Forensic Science Center assisted laboriously in the investigation; however, it is still a pending operation.
Earlier this week, Cameron Joshua, also known as “Lil Cam,” 22, was arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon at the scene, violating his probation.
Takeoff’s Alleged Killer, Lil Cam, Reportedly Arrested
Updated 11/28/2022 at 2:06 pm by Chris Samuel
The rap community was stunned after the passing of Migos rapper Takeoff earlier this month. Fans and family are looking for answers, but a piece of the puzzle can be added with the arrest of Lil Cam.
16-year-old rapper Lil Cam was arrested in connection to Takeoff’s murder. Lil Cam is a member of Mob Ties Records, a Houston-based label owned by hip-hop mogul J. Prince who faced backlash from fans after Takeoff’s death, even after giving him a tribute.
Lil Cam, whose real name is Joshua Cameron, was reportedly arrested on November 22 and held in custody at the Harris County Jail in Texas.
Cameron, out on bail for a prior felony, reportedly had a weapon the night of Takeoff’s murder, violating the term of his release. It is unclear whether or not Cameron was the shooter or just an accomplice. Police are questioning him for more details on the shooting.
Alicia Keys Joins Justin Bieber To Perform At Takeoff’s Memorial Service In Atlanta
Updated 11/10/2022 at 1:38 pm by Chris Samuel
Alicia Keys joined Justin Beiber as a performer for the late Migos rapper Takeoff’s memorial service in Atlanta.
This was disclosed in an Instagram post by TMZ. Justin Bieber also performed at Takeoff’s memorial. JB and Takeoff don’t have solo hits together, but Justin was featured in Migos’ Culture III album on the track “What You See.”
Justin also has a song on his Changes album with Takeoff’s bandmate and uncle Quavo called “Intentions.”
Georgia residents were the only people allowed to the funeral. No pictures or videos were allowed at the service.
Tickets To Takeoff’s Funeral Sold Out + Fans Not Allowed To Bring Gifts
Update 11/09/2022 at 5:00 pm by Deaundre Barnes
Meanwhile, tickets to his homegoing sold out, and fans without a ticket were encouraged to not be at the venue during the funeral nor leave gifts.
This was according to State Farm Arena, where Takeoff’s Celebration of Life homegoing held.
The “Hotel Lobby” rapper lost his life on November 1, 2022, at a private party in Houston.
Questions are still circulating about who shot the Last Rocket artist. Police have a person of interest in custody
Takeoff’s Funeral Takes Place On November 11
Updated 11/07/2022 at 6:49 pm by Kendall Parks
Takeoff’s family and friends got to say their last goodbyes at his funeral ton November 11.
The service began early afternoon as Takeoff friends and family said their last goodbyes and share their memories of him.
The eulogy was given by Rev. Jesse Curney, the third member of New Mercies Christian Church, located in Lilburn, Georgia.
Takeoff’s Coroner Report Released + Person Of Interest
Updated 11/02/2022 at 3:40 pm by Kamryn Ashli
The tragic death of Takeoff gets more real as his loved ones gear up for his funeral. More details into what happened the night of his death came out with the release of his coroner report and a possible person of interest.
According to TMZ, the medical examiner who viewed Takeoff’s body says he was shot multiple times with wounds in his head and torso. It also appears the police have concluded their investigation and have prepared his body for funeral services.
Questions surrounding who pulled the trigger are still circulating. TMZ also reported the police have a person of interest in his death and that person was seen holding a gun at the time of the shooting.
That person was also closely related to former Migo members, Takeoff and Quavo.
Migos Rapper Takeoff Shot Dead In Houston At 28
Updated 11/01/2022 by Abdulrasaq Okeowo
One-half of the Unc & Phew duo and former Migos member Takeoff was shot dead. The rapper was at a bowling alley in Houston at the time of the shooting.
In the early hours of Tuesday, November 1–Takeoff, one-third of the Migos group made up of Quavo, his uncle, and Offset, his cousin–passed away after being shot in Houston. The late rapper was 28 years old.
According to TMZ, Takeoff was fatally shot in a bowling alley in Houston after a dice game went awry. The multi-platinum rapper was shot in or near his head and was declared dead at the scene.
Meanwhile, the Houston Police Department claims that at least two others were shot at the scene. However, the victims only suffered injuries and are currently receiving treatment. The police responded to calls about the shooting at 1201 San Jacinto at 2:40 am.
When police arrived at the scene, they were met by a large crowd and found a man on the floor with a gunshot wound. According to HPD Lt. Salazar, an investigation is ongoing, and the department will appreciate any information on the shooting. In addition, the HPD confirmed that Quavo and Takeoff were in attendance, and the deceased was Takeoff
This tragedy takes place in the wake of the duo’s recently dropped, top-charting album, Only Built For Infinity Links, and releasing the visuals to “Messy” this past Monday.
Was It Really About Dice Rolling?
In an unconfirmed twist, a Twitter user, @triracialangel2, claims Takeoff was not killed over a dice-rolling altercation. The user, who claimed to have been at the scene, said things escalated over a joke Quavo took a dislike to and did not let go.
Reactions To Takeoff’s Sudden Death
Fans have tweeted about their disbelief and have extended their condolences to the rapper’s loved ones. One reaction consists of videos of the incident with screenshots of texts from an individual who was allegedly at the bowling alley.
They claimed Takeoff was just an innocent bystander when Quavo appeared to not be taking too well to losing during the dice game.
British boxer, Chris Eubank Jr, took to Twitter, saying he wished he did not have to talk about “another young black star being killed.”
Another user, who goes by @adinross, also expressed his shock.
Relationship expert Toni Tones said:
“Devastating news this morning. My thoughts are with Davido and Chioma, as well as Takeoff’s loved ones.”
The Migos: Quavo, Takeoff, And Offset
Before their recent schism, the trio were regular hitmakers. Takeoff joined the group in 2008 when they were still known as the “Polo Club.” They had middling success until they released their 2013 hit, “Versace.” In 2016, they followed this up with “Bad and Boujee,” a massive commercial success, peaking at No. 1 in the US.
Their success came alongside multiple collaborations with many artists, including Drake (“Walk It Talk It”) and Nicki Minaj (“Motorsport”).
The trio broke off in 2022, with Offset electing to walk alone while Quavo and Takeoff stayed together.