A man fell through the ceiling at Bristol club Lakota

A man is recovering at home after falling through the first floor a Bristol nightclub.

The man, who was a member staff at Bristol’s Lakota, had fallen through a hole in the ceiling during the club's Bonfire night event with DJ Kanine.

Paramedics were called to Lakota at around 12am when the night was paused briefly to attend to the staff member.

Read this next: An oral history In Motion

A witness who did not want to be named said: “Lakota then surprisingly carried on their event and didn’t even close the first floor, just barricaded f the hole.”

Lakota said that a small area the club had been cordoned f with barriers to all members the public and all staff, but unfortunately one the staff accessed the space and fell.

Read this next: Dirtytalk plan new Bristol venue

The club added that the event was put on standby for 55 minutes whilst they dealt with the injured member staff.

The man was given gas and air before being taken to hospital, and is now recovering at home.

Scarlett O'Malley is a freelance writer, follow her on Twitter

Read this next: Get the best Mixmag direct to your Facebook DMs

Load the next article