Notes on this week’s new releases:
- Crush On You, one of the five standout songs on Harloe‘s five-track Rivers Run Dry EP, gets a Latroit & Pretty Garter remix this week and somehow gets even more brilliant.
- So much excitement and passion has built around If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) since The 1975 performed it on tour that part of me (the annoying part of me) wonders if the band should have kept the studio version under wraps forever as an elaborate myth-building exercise. The band aren’t exactly short of songs, there are 22 of the fuckers on the new album. Anyway they didn’t do that and it’s out today.
- Charli XCX has released her second lockdown single Claws or, as I like to call it, ‘not Enemy’.
- The apparently endless Hayley Williams release strategy continues this week; Dead Horse is probably the best track so far although let’s wait and see what next week brings.
- Glasgow’s HYYTS seem quite good. Their first release for Warners, The Low Sound, is out today.
- Jessie Ware‘s very much coming up with the goods this time round.
- This week’s playlist also includes releases from some of the acts I spoke to as part of yesterday’s ludicrous Zoom marathon — watch out for more on that on the site later today.